Madalina E. Iorgulescu, DMD, MDS, FACP
“Trust is the foundation of a successful patient-prosthodontist relationship, as with all other relationships. In the patient-prosthodontist relationship, trust comes from the assurance that personal information will be kept confidential, that procedures are in the patient’s best interest, the level of clinical skill is unsurpassed, and that patient autonomy is recognized. Furthermore, trust is a mutual understanding communicated in an egalitarian and ethical manner. We practice evidence-based dentistry, dentistry that is based on the most current research.”
Dr. Madalina-Elena Iorgulescu first graduated from a six-year program at the Dental School in Bucharest, Romania (EU), in 2002 and began working as a general dentist. After relocating to New York City, she attended New York University College of Dentistry and earned a certificate in advanced prosthodontics for international dentists in 2007. Her journey continued at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ), where she earned her Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree in 2009.
Immediately following dental school, she was accepted into a competitive three-year residency program in prosthodontics at the UMDNJ. During her post-graduate training, she obtained a master’s degree in dental science (MDS) and completed research involving all-ceramic/zirconia crowns. Dr. Iorgulescu is committed to providing excellence in dentistry, and she stands out as the only Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics (ABP) in Morristown and one of the only 15 Diplomates of the ABP in the state of New Jersey—the highest honor in the specialty.
Dr. Iorgulescu approaches all her clients in a friendly atmosphere. Whether you want to come in for a cleaning and consultation or to receive a complete smile makeover, she can help. Confidence in your smile can affect how you feel about yourself personally, socially, and professionally. She is known for taking challenging cases and delivering beautiful results with implants, veneers, crowns, and complex reconstructions. Whatever your case may be, if you are unhappy with your smile, place your trust in Dr. Iorgulescu and let your smile come through again!
Awards & Scholarship
- International Congress of Oral Implantologist Award—2009, USA
- American College of Prosthodontics Award for Undergraduate Achievements—2009, USA
- Gamma Pi Delta Prosthodontic Honor Award—2009, USA
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Scholarship for Academic Year—2007/2008 Dean’s List, UMDNJ, USA
- Merit Scholarship for Academic Years—1999/2000, 2000/2001, 2001/2002, University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Carol Davila” Bucharest, Romania, EU
- Jersey Choice Top Dentist for three consecutive years
- Fellow of the American College of Prosthodontists
- New Jersey Section of the American College of Prosthodontists
- The Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics (GNYAP)
- The Northeastern Gnathological Society
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
- New Jersey Dental Association
- The Essex County Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- Gamma Pi Delta Association
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Romanian Dental Association
Dr. Iorgulescu believes that a patient’s overall health and well-being is directly linked to the patient’s dental health. Her goal is to provide the highest quality of care in the fields of prosthodontics as well as implantology.
The doctor treats each patient as an individual by first listening to his or her problems and then by customizing a treatment solution for each patient. “Warm, caring, and professional” are the words most often used to describe both Dr. Iorgulescu and her team.