Keep your smile strong this season with healthy holiday habits. Take care of your teeth and gums from added risks that come with the festive season. The more we can do to protect our oral health, the less the risk there is for oral disasters.
Morristown & Summit Prosthodontics wants your season to be merry for this year and many seasons to come. Here are just a few tips to help you protect your oral health:
– Protect your teeth with a mouth guard or facemask from dangerous outdoor activities such as skiing, sledding, hockey, and ice skating.
– Be sure to brush and floss with extra care if you enjoy holiday sweets such as chewy candy, candy canes, peppermint bark, peanut brittle, popcorn balls, or gummy sweets. Many holiday snacks can easily stick to your teeth and gums and are more difficult to remove.
– Avoid sugary drinks that seek to promote tooth decay.
– If you are looking for a great snack to enhance your smile, sugarless gum has been shown to fight against the effects of cavities when chewed for over 20 minutes after a meal.
– Don’t bite down on anything that can easily chip or crack teeth, such as icicles or jumbo candy canes.
If you have suffered from an oral accident or simply wish for a professional cleaning from our dentist, please contact our office in Summit, New Jersey, at 908-273-0884. You can also schedule an appointment with Dr. Madalina Iorgulescu. We look forward to making your smile merry for the holidays!